Thursday, July 10, 2008

Lake Powell 2008

It came and went so quickly; two days is just not enough time. We drove thursday night and met my family at the hotel. I slept maybe 2 hours that night and was completely exhausted. Cache slept maybe 6 hours (he normally sleeps like 12 hours a night) and would not take any naps on Friday. Saturday was a little better except that is rained all morning, although it made for great water weeny water. Which led to many injuries including heads hitting, legs breaking (well not really but very hurt,) people getting whiplash, and all those fun things that come with riding on the water weeny. Needless to say Dave would not do any water activities...party pooper. I thought my post pregnant body did pretty well getting up both wake surfing and wakeboarding my first tries. However, after like 5 minutes of both I was exhausted. All in all it was fun and we loved hanging with the fam.

Saturday morning it rained and we were forced to create this lovely tent/canopy thing to protect us from getting poured on. We just kept putting more stuff together...it looked a little ghetto.

Cache kept handing grandpa things to put on...this was the final result.

Do we both looked insanely tired? This is a result of too many people in one hotel room with a baby. Never again!!!!

We tried putting Cache in this cage...it didn't last. I felt so bad putting him in here while everyone else was hanging out in the tent, so we just kept a close eye on him while he was running around on the beach.


Cache had to drive the boat. He would just scream when I took him away from the wheel. Uncle Clayton was so sweet to let him drive as much as possible. Or he was just sick of hearing him scream and throw tantrums!!

Playing in the sand. By the way disposable water diapers DO NOT work. He was leaking all over the place.





2 comments:

Mars said...

I'm glad you put pictures up! Now that I look at it...our canopy tent contraption did look ghetto & like we were camping there. Wasn't the point of staying in a hotel so we DIDN'T have to take all that stuff & create our usual eye sore on the beach haha. I heard Cache pooped on the ground again today w/no diaper on again...I'm starting to see a trend... :)

Macdonalds said...

Vacations are always nice, it really is too bad when they can't be longer. Way to go on the wake boarding etc. How fun!

*SYTYCD I totally agree. This season the dancers don't have nearly as captivating personalities and there aren't any Wade Robson routines. Hopefully personalities will shine more in the top ten.