Monday, June 28, 2010

How do you feel?

I am opening this forum up to everyone...How do you feel about those companies, organizations, people, etc. boycotting Arizona? I guess I really haven't thought about it too much because it didn't affect me until just recently. I have been wanting to go to a really good concert for sometime now but just haven't had the time or felt the money was worth it until they announced the Lilith Fair. So many good artist's are scheduled to go on tour and they had previously announced they were coming to Arizona. Then (dun dun dun) they canceled. Their reasoning is that the venue was outdoors and it is too hot (couldn't they have moved it to somewhere indoors and don't tons of bands play outdoors here?) So then I heard that one of the artist's were blogging that they were not coming to support the boycotting of Arizona because of the new immigration law. Musicians have always supported political acts but when is it too far? Are we not supposed to be a UNITED (states) country? I feel sick to my stomach thinking people (states, etc.) are turning on eachother. If so many states are against the law why don't we come together to solve the issues?

*I would just like to say I don't necessarily agree with this law.

2 comments:

liz said...

so...wanna drive to CA and go to the concert? I'm in.


jk. I was trying to make you laugh by not answering your question. ;-)

Kris10 said...

the lilith fair is gay anyway. ha! People are dumb, Alica. You should know this, being from UT and all. When a guy who owns a movie theater in Park City contributed to the "Yes on 8" campaign, a bunch of Hollywood media losers (Perez Hilton) wanted to veto all things Utah, but most notably, the Sundance Film Festival. um, Sundance is possibly the most gay friendly event that happens anywhere, especially Utah. But, you know, people like to feel like they are supporting something. anything. Even if they don't really know what they are talking about. I don't think we're talking about the next civil war here. Oh, and btw, it's pretty awesome that Utah doesn't have the worst politicians in the country anymore! Yay for stickin it to UT, Arizona!