Friday, August 13, 2010

Monterey, CA

Well I had written out a bunch of stuff about our vacation but somehow I erased it. Yeah, not so cool. Here is the run down, we visited Dave's parents in Monterey. We went to the aquarium (one of the largest in the world...I think), went to cannery row and carmel to window shop, ate at amazing restaurants, froze at the beach (don't think cache cared how cold it was and yes crazy people were swimming in the ocean and no we did not!) Just drove around alot and reminisced about when Dave and I lived there and how different some places were and how others never change. It is so beautiful, it makes me wish I was living somewhere even remotely pretty. However, few places compare to Monterey. We didn't get to do everything we wanted, lots of tourists around so it made it difficult to get around. Next we will plan for a different month.


*Visiting the farmers market, the best ever! SO many things to see and the best fruit and veggies. Yum Yum.

*Carmel beach is always supposed to be warmer...not that day!




*Monterey always has the coolest car shows and they were all headed into town for cherries jubilee. Everytime they would have a car show I would get it in my head that I could buy and old crappy car and restore it and drive all around town. Dave was not so into that idea.


*I guess cache pledged to be a safe driver...I think dave put him up to that. He loved seeing his face on the screen.

*The Aquarium



*The aquarium

*My feet were freezing

*I cannot get enough of this face...I love it!



*Visiting asilomar beach in pacific grove. Just a walk from daves family hotel.

*We were able to meet up with Dave's brother and sister in law and their cute boy in Gilroy for some brunch.

*By Cannery Row. Dave had to buy cache an A's hat, he has to represent.


*On the rocks at lovers point in Pacific Grove. I worked at a bed and breakfast that overlooked the ocean here...it was such a fun job.

2 comments:

Mars said...

fun! I'm jealous you guys are in sweatshirts and look like it was kinda chilly! And Lyla's hat is the cutest. Of course she makes everything look cute though!

Carol said...

Monterey has the greatest aquarium - i love it! looks like you guys had a great trip. your kids are so stinkin' cute!