Wednesday, December 16, 2009
What would you do...?
Last night was a traumatic night for me. I decided to go get my nails done and do a little shopping while dave stayed at home and put cache to bed. I was heading home around 9 and decided to stop at the Mcdonalds on Gilbert and Germann. While I was in the drive thru I looked out the window and there was a truck in the sears parking lot and I saw an older man pushing a younger (like in her early twenties) into the truck and slam the door. He started walking to the driver seat and I see her open the door as he runs back over and shoves her back into the car and slams the door again. Have you ever watched those 20/20 or datelines that interview the girls getting kidnapped in broad daylight in very public areas and no one did anything to help them? I always watched those and vowed to never be one of the onlookers that just stare and say oh well, must be domestic or whatever. But I have to say when in that situation I sat there dumbfounded not really knowing what to do. I wanted to drive by the car and get the license plate number but there were cars blocking me in the drive thru and I couldn't understand why no one else was concerned. So after the man pushed the girl in the car the second time he just stood at her door yelling at her to stay in the car...lotsa cuss words...and she opened the door again yelling for help which at that point I began to dial 911. I then saw she ran out of the car to the nearby restaurant and the man took off. I hung up the phone because I saw another lady standing at the restaurant on the phone telling the girl to get inside. The police called my phone back and I gave them a description of what was going on and they did say the other lady at the restaurant had also called and reported it. After the entire incident was over I think it looked like a dispute between a parent and child because of the way it was played out, but it made me think...why did I wait so long to call the police and why were there so many people around and yet only one lady was walking towards the car? Should we really all mind our own business? What if that was you? What if no one helped you and you were taken. All I can say was that was a little too emotional of a night for a 9 1/2 month pregnant woman. I cried all the way home to a very concerned husband.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Holy crap that is scary! I prob would have just called the police because I wouldn't know what else to do. I get freaked out easily. Then again how embarrassing would it be to call the police when it was just an argument or something & have those people's business turned into a huge deal. But my defense would be-you never know. Better safe than sorry. I'd rather know that I saved someone's life than to just watch it happen & not do anything about it & it really was serious. Moral of the story: if you are just having an argument with your child or spouse like that-don't do it in public. If the police get called on you its your own fault. I hope you're ok! I get freaked out about stuff like that all time. I'm overcautious about myself & think of stuff like that when I go out alone. Even during the day. Maybe I'm weird haha
That's freaky. You totally had an excuse because you really can't run fast when pregnant. However...calling the cops was good. I have no idea what I would do:( Even scarier....it was in our "neighborhood"
Oh man, reading the story would probably be me, I would be sitting there trying to figure out what the heck to do but feeling stuck at the same time not wanting to put myself in danger, but how would you feel if you did absolutely nothing and on the news later you saw that something bad happened? You calling 911 is the best thing you could have done in your situation. Wow, I think I would be crying all the way home too, that's scary but I'm glad she is safe! On a lighter note, maybe you will have the baby now! lol.
Post a Comment